Thursday, March 24, 2011

Shanghai urban community attitudes.



On March 3 until March 11, 2011, I had the opportunity to go to a great city, Shanghai city, China. Shanghai is the most populous city in China. The city is located in eastern China. Shanghai City has advanced technology systems, for example their speed train system. Maglev (magnetically levitated) is a fast train that can reach speeds of 431 km / h and took only 7 minutes 20 seconds to travel 30 km. And if we see in terms of public safety, city Shanghai is also known as a safe city, with zero cases of snatch thefts and low of road accident rate. And when compared to large cities, only the Shanghai police do not carry a gun. To me, Shanghai is a great city, what is lacking in Shanghai is only the attitude of the city's population.

Each city is its weakness, but what I would say this is what I think should not happen in a great city like Shanghai. The first problem that I see about Shanghai community is they do not practice a system of street lights .In Shanghai almost all intersections have traffic lights and the officer in charge of the smooth roads, but in fact, the Shanghai urban ignores traffic light system. While traffic lights are red, but they still drive, and they will only stop when almost collided. Vehicles from the intersection of four routes will run ignoring traffic lights. There was a day when I crossed the street, and pedestrian traffic light is green, when crossed, I was almost knocked down by a row of cars and buses. And more distressing, there is a wrong way of a bus, and what the driver of the bus do is, he reverses that bus even the bus in the middle of the road, the condition causes severe road congestion. Even so, the rate of road accidents in Shanghai is still low. Unbelievable!

Although many bins provided by the government, but an average Shanghai resident does not use it. Drains, or the side of the road choice for the trash. Social attitudes that need to change are the attitude of impurities. I’ve seen drains in front of the car plant, the Shanghai Volkswagen plant, and it was filled with cigarette filters. I also have seen people spit in a large supermarket. To me, this attitude if not change will have an adverse impact on Shanghai someday.

I like to quote the words of Lydia Fida, a Malaysian studying in Shanghai and become the best international students in Shanghai. She said, "Shanghai has everything, in terms of technological, economic, public safety, but what is lacking in Shanghai is the attitude of his people ". Should be noted that, people will judge the occupants of the house first, before assessing the state of the home. If the occupants perfect, then whole house also will perfect, even though the house is outdated.

p/s : Please note that, this is just my opinion, my observations during my week in Shanghai. I apologize if there are those who feel not satisfied with my writing. Thank you.

Mohd Hazwan Syafiq Bin Harun
Ma08115/M06

0 comments:

Post a Comment